Our Best-Tested Mattress Is Actually on Sale Right Now
Summer may already be halfway over, but the silver lining is that Labor Day is not far off. Although formally celebrated as a day of rest for workers, Labor Day is also a great time to score major dealsespecially on labor-day-home-furniture-sales-2022/” data-ylk=”slk:furniture and home staples” class=”link “>furniture and home staples. Included in the stellar markdowns? Tons of incredible mattresses for upgrading your sleep game.
“While companies offer discounts throughout the year, major holiday weekends – like Labor Day — are ideal for competitive offers,” says Good Housekeeping Executive Textiles Director Lexie Sachs. “If you wait till after the long weekend, you may not see the same types of savings until the next shopping holiday.”
And for anyone eager to get in on the action, this year’s Labor Day mattress sales are starting earlier than ever. Amazon, Bear and Helix have already begun their Labor Day promotions, with savings as high as 42% off right now on select mattress styles.
Tips for buying a mattress on Labor Day:
Steep deals on mattresses can go lightning fast, meaning you’ll want to act quickly, but make sure to do your research and read the fine print before making a purchase. This will ensure you have no regrets later!
- Focus on return policies over warranties. “Lengthy warranties may sound appealing, but they may not cover damages like sagging, indents and signs of regular wear and tear,” Sachs says. “Instead, check the trial periods to see if you are covered by an any-reason return policy, even if the mattress simply isn’t a good fit.”
- Check shipping speeds and delivery options. Consider how quickly you’ll need to get your mattress home and the way you prefer it to be delivered. “Some mattresses are ready to go and can arrive within days, while others are made to order and can take several weeks, if not more,” Sachs explains. “Also to note is whether the mattress will ship in a box for DIY set up, which can be a contact-free and convenient option for those that don’t want to deal with the hassle of coordinating a delivery, or includes white-glove delivery, which means the brand will set up the mattress for you and haul away your old one.” (To note, pricier mattresses typically come with complimentary white-glove delivery, but occasionally, when the brand offers a choice between the two delivery options, the white-glove service will cost you extra.)
Ready to pull out your credit card? Ahead, shop early and existing Labor Day mattress sales, including some of our top picks for the best soft mattresses, hybrid mattress and more backed by the Good Housekeeping Institute’s expert product tests.
- Downtown Oshkosh's iconic Exclusive Co. building to become a furniture store this fall
- After many twists over 25 years, a furniture store owner in the west metro decides to close
- Antique furniture is new again: Stylish, green and available | Home & Garden
- Family-Owned Furniture Store Gives Customers a Chance to Golf With SYNLawn Putting Green
- Crowds returned to Milan Furniture Fair after 2-year hiatus