A COUPLE has revealed how they saved thousands by purchasing a single Home Depot item.
They had originally been quoted $16,000 for a garden makeover but found an alternative.
Known on TikTok as @typsyflypsy, the crafty couple works to flip furniture and other items that would have otherwise landed in the garbage.
In a recent video, the couple showed how they saved thousands by building their own wooden fence.
“We got quoted $16,000 for a wood fence,” the on-screen text began.
“So we took matters into our own hands.”
The video then showed the couple working with their new materials from Home Depot to create their fence.
The couple appeared to put stakes into the ground along with an outline for the fence.
“$28 for 16ft of reed fencing @ Home Depot,” the text continued.
“Guess how much money we’re saving by doing it this way instead?!”
“I’m actually so pleased yall,” the text concluded with a final visual of the newly installed fence.
The video has been viewed more than 716,000 times.
In the comments, many questioned the sturdiness of the fence given the flimsy materials.
“It lasted a good 8 months and survived lots of TX storms,” the original poster commented.
- Home Improvement Retailers Are Still Winning With Analysts, to an Extent
- Why I Will Never Own Lowe's or Home Depot Stock
- If You Have This Piece of Home Decor, "Destroy" It, Officials Warn
- Downtown Oshkosh's iconic Exclusive Co. building to become a furniture store this fall
- After many twists over 25 years, a furniture store owner in the west metro decides to close