Cats tend to be pickier than other pets with their beds. Typically, they like enclosed spaces, and that can take up a lot of room.
If you’re looking for a cozy cat bed that won’t crowd your home, consider a cat cave that doubles as stylish furniture — both my pets and I are obsessed with the one I bought. They’re designed to provide a safe hideaway for your feline friend without being a total eyesore that takes up precious floor space. It’s the same concept as a hidden cat litter box, which you may have heard of or seen online, except it serves a greater purpose than just looks.
There are lots of choices available to buy online right now, and we narrowed it down to eight options that are functional for you and comfy for your pet — a win-win! Keep scrolling to see several furniture finds you and your cat will both approve of. The best parts? Prices start at just $44.
Paint Bed Furniture:
- Whisker City Wicker Cat Lounger, $43.99 (orig. $54.99); petsmart.com
- Pawristocrat Cat Bed Ottoman, $98.95; amazon.com
- Sam’s Pets Convertible End Table, $118.96; chewy.com
- Hanover Designer Rectangle Cat Bed, $146.99; wayfair.com
- The Refined Feline Purrrrfect Cat Bed & End Table, $142.99; chewy.com
- Rivet Meeks Round Side Table with Fabric Storage Basket, $86.02 (orig. $96.55); amazon.com
- Lulu Designer Round/Oval Cat Bed, $212.99; wayfair.com
- Moritz Cat Bed, $68.99 (original $84.99); wayfair.com
Whether you’re searching for a new side table, coffee table, or ottoman, there’s something for practically everyone. Plus, each design comes in neutral colors that will work for a range of decor styles. All of the furniture has a space dedicated for your pet to relax, but not all come with plush bedding; some will need to be purchased separatelyor you can use a blanket you have at home.
The one I have is the Whisker City Wicker Cat Loungerwhich is the most budget-friendly option listed (even when Petsmart’s sale on it ends on August 14). I bought this for my two cats, and after placing their favorite toys inside, they made themselves right at home. Meanwhile, I use the top to hold small necessities like my water bottle, my phone, and a book while I lounge in the living room.
It comes with a removable pillow and is made with plastic wicker, so the cats can’t scratch it up or snag their claws on it.
Buy It! Whisker City Wicker Cat Lounger, $43.99 (orig. $54.99); petsmart.com
Another unique piece of furniture to look out for is this cat bed-slash-ottoman from Amazon. Its sturdy construction can hold large cats (and even small dogs), and it comes with a machine-washable quilted pad to make it more comfortable. The bed is available in two varieties, bench and cube, to fit a variety of spaces and is easy to assemble, according to reviews.
Buy It! Pawristocrat Cat Bed Ottoman, $98.95; amazon.com
You can’t go wrong with any of these pieces of furniture with built-in cat beds, especially when most cost less the same, if not less, than a lot of regular furniture pieces you can find online. Check out the rest of the beds below.
Buy It! Sam’s Pets Convertible End Table, $118.96; chewy.com
Buy It! Hanover Designer Rectangle Cat Bed, $146.99; wayfair.com
Buy It! The Refined Feline Purrrrfect Cat Bed & End Table, $142.99; chewy.com
Buy It! Rivet Meeks Round Side Table with Fabric Storage Basket, $86.02 (orig. $96.55); amazon.com
Buy It! Lulu Designer Round/Oval Cat Bed, $212.99; wayfair.com
Buy It! Moritz Cat Bed, $68.99 (original $84.99); wayfair.com
Do you love a good deal? Sign up for PEOPLE’s Shopping newsletter to stay up to date on the latest sales, plus celebrity fashion, home decor and more.
- Downtown Oshkosh's iconic Exclusive Co. building to become a furniture store this fall
- After many twists over 25 years, a furniture store owner in the west metro decides to close
- Antique furniture is new again: Stylish, green and available | Home & Garden
- Family-Owned Furniture Store Gives Customers a Chance to Golf With SYNLawn Putting Green
- Crowds returned to Milan Furniture Fair after 2-year hiatus